Tangible Personal Property
How It Works
- Please call us to discuss the type of tangible property, possible uses of your gift by WTTW and WFMT, and getting an appraisal
- You receive a charitable income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the property if the gift's use is related to WTTW and WFMT's exempt purposes
- If the use is unrelated to our exempt purposes or if it's understood that we will be selling the property, then the deduction is limited to your cost basis
- You receive a federal income-tax deduction for the fair-market value if the gift's use is related to WTTW and WFMT's charitable purposes
- You avoid capital-gain tax on long-term related-use property (Note: The top capital-gain tax rate on such assets is 28%.)
- You provide significant support for WTTW and WFMT without affecting your income
Special note: You should call or e-mail us to tell us of your intent with regards to the property, and we will be able to assist you with the details of the transfer.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.